Health and Fitness for the hectic lifestyle of a man
Today a healthy lifestyle for a busy man is something that can feel like a heavy burden on the shoulders. It is easier to garb something unhealthy when you are running from the one place to the next, and it is easier to work an hour more or be productive with something else than to go to the gym or an exercise class.
Here are a few tips that you can use to both keep up with your busy lifestyle as well as make a few start making a few small changes to live healthier and more efficiently.
Living a healthier lifestyle will most certainly improve your productivity and help you feel better physically and mentally.
Here are a few ideas for quick meals that are healthy as well:
- You can make a quick quiche in a mug, take an egg, some vegetables preferably frozen, add a bit of salmon, cheese or you can use bacon and cook in the microwave for a few minutes.
- You can also make a three ingredient meal, stuff a sweet potato with cottage cheese and some bacon or ham, and make a healthy pancake or a quick chilli. Shopping for these meals is also very easy.
- Make sure to keep up your iron intake, eat oatmeal. Lentils and lean meats, iron boosts your muscle strength helping with your daily work and workout.
- Make Soup and stews, freeze then in meal size portions and defrost every evening to have a hearty meal.
- Prepare your meals on weekends such as already chopping vegetables and salads and putting them in the fridge and cook all your proteins beforehand and freeze or refrigerate.
- Smoothies are great for quick meals and also full of nutrients, you can pre slice and store your ingredients in zip lock bags and then just put them in the blender when you are ready.
- Caffeine improves your metabolism, gives you a kick start and fills you up a bit, caffeinate!
- Rather eat an easy meal than snacking all day, all day snacking can add up to loads of calories.
- When eating no matter in how much of a hurry you are take the few minutes and relax and breathe deeply between each bite.
- Use the right spices to flavour your food and for its nutritional benefits, fresh is always best.
- Make sure that you get enough veggies and the correct balance of proteins.
- Keep healthy snacks around for when hunger strikes, but rather keep to real foods and meals.
Some ideas for training and fitness in a busy schedule:
- Do some high intensity short interval training, hop on the treadmill for 20 minutes or hit the nearest gym for half an hour in lunch time.
- Do some exercises at your desk, like stapler curls, shoulder shrugs and a few crunches.
- Rent a gym locker and keep your gym clothes and equipment ready at the gym to save even more time.
- Do quick fifteen minute body weight workout or yoga sessions in the morning before you leave for work if you cannot make the gym.
- Get some extra walking in during your day, run errands, park a bit further away, use the stairs or get off at an earlier subway stop.
- Do some stretching exercises while watching television and catch up with all your favourite shows as well as getting fit.
- Try doing routine exercises that target all the muscles in your body and that do not just isolate one or more.
- Keep your exercise routines interesting by adding variety; try a few Pilates classes or spinning.
A few tips on overall wellness:
- Try to always reduce stress, use some breathing techniques and sip on some green or camomile tea.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water and herbal teas. To stay hydrated.
- Before going to bed take five minutes to meditate and clear your mind for a better nights rest.
- Try to stay organised and keep to do lists, plan out your daily tasks.
- Set yourself some goals that are realistic and attainable.
- Do not become side tracked with unimportant things stay focused and productive.
- Go on vacation, make some time for yourself to get some rest or do something recreational.
To create a healthy lifestyle for busy men follow the above tips, remember to start small, there is always time to eat healthy and get in a bit of exercise.